The real estate market is like a roller coaster, always going up and down. Every valley in the roller coaster when it dips down is where big money is made.
There’s a cycle in the market, about every 20 years or so. At the top of the curve, the real estate market looks very sexy and attractive and everybody wants to buy in.
Right now the market is at rock bottom.
How do we know that we’re at rock bottom?
There are a few ways we can tell this:
1) Look at “days on market” which is how long a property is listed for sale before it actually sells. At the top of the market some properties only lasted 5-7 days on market. As the property market came screaming down, the number of days on market increased to 30 days, 100 days, etc. Now if you ask an agent for the average days on market for the last 3 months or so, you’ll see that it has stabilized. We’ve hit bottom.
2) Right now about 35% of all real estate purchasers in the country are cash buyers, the housing property investors. These real estate investors are holding the bottom of the market up.
3) No new builds. When existing houses are not selling, no one wants to build new ones which sell for an even higher price.
4) The affordability index. Houses are more affordable now than they’ve been in 65 years.
5) For the first time in history, more investors are buying real estate than new home buyers.
This is the time of greatest opportunity. When we hit bottom it gets very quiet. You don’t hear about the property market in the media. You don’t hear people talking a lot about it. Warren Buffet says when people are greedy, be scared. But when people are scared, that’s where wealth is made. Now is the time to get involved in the bottom real estate market.
You can learn how to buy even way below the bottom. Then, even if the market slips a little bit, you don’t have to worry because you bought way below the bottom price.
If you don’t have money or credit or you don’t want to be a property investor, you can make money by learning to be an online marketer instead. You can learn to find better deals than anyone else can and learn to find those cash buyers who want to invest in real estate now. That 35% of buyers equals $billions and you can learn to scientifically match them up and make money in the middle. There are housewives, moms, and people all over the country who are quietly making a killing right now doing just that.